Microsoft Analysis Services

ADOMD.Net Exception

Posted on

Just then I had an exception in a piece of code that was querying a Cube and It had been working well up until now.

The error came when I was doing development in running my page under the Web Server that comes with VS.Net (WebDev.WebServer.EXE). When I moved the code to IIS it didn’t work anymore.

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: XML for Analysis parser: The CurrentCatalog XML/A property was not specified.

Well, the error message is quite confusing, specially when it had been working previously with no errors!!!!

The reason why this happened is because I was using Windows Authentication and the code was running under my credentials(in WebDev.WebServer.EXE and my user had access to Analysis Services). However, the IIS user didn’t.

So, to fix it, I used impersonation to run the query under the right user credentials.

Creating a connection using SQL Server authentication using a user with access to the cube would have worked as well, I guess.

I hope it helps.